BPharm (Hons), Dip. Law, Solicitor, Director
Head of Corporate and Commercial
01543 431 184
Neil is a director and Head of the Ansons corporate and commercial team and advises on a wide range of business contracts and transactions.
Key specialisms include:
- mergers and acquisitions;
- company and business sales;
- company reorganisations;
- commercial contracts;
- shareholder agreements;
- joint ventures;
- partnership matters;
- terms and conditions of business; and
- Companies Act compliance.
Recent examples of how Neil has helped clients include:
- advising on the sale of a Midlands based engineering firm for in excess of £17million;
- advising on the sale, by Management Buy-out, of a Midlands based manufacturing business for £3million;
- advising on the acquisition of two businesses in the South East and East Anglia for a national client for in excess of £2.5million;
- advising on a £multi-million reorganisation of a non-listed PLC group of companies.
- advising on the acquisition of two care home companies for a national care home provider, for an aggregate consideration in excess of £5.2million;
- advising in relation to the sale of a hotel business for £8million; and
- acting as a joint expert on a dispute arising out of an aborted retail pharmacy transaction.
Neil is an avid sports fan and now largely an “off the terraces” follower of Aston Villa Football Club. He also enjoys hacking his way around a golf course, sometimes in a military fashion (left, right, left, right)!
Very family oriented, Neil likes to relax by spending as much quality time as he can with his wife and two children. As for his spare time – “what spare time” is usually his reply!